Looking for a healthy vegan snack?
Check out these Raw Vegan Brownie Bites
Many of you will know that I am not a vegan and I certainly don’t want to appear to be jumping on the vegan bandwagon, but these healthy Raw Brownie Bites are conveniently vegan!
Now, if you have skipped down to the recipe below you may be slightly put off when you see what the magic ingredient for these brownie bites is.
But please don’t be put off. Give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.
When you make these up they will be very soft and squishy – they are supposed to be like raw cookie/brownie dough. This means you will probably need to keep them refrigerated and unfortunately they aren’t very portable. However, they do make a lovely treat with your morning coffee or an indulgent treat after dinner.
So give these raw vegan brownie bites a go and let me know what you think in the comments below.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
This month’s meal plans:
- Maple glazed pork with coleslaw and potato wedges
- Healthy tuna mornay and pasta
- Meatballs with spaghetti
- Prawn and avocado salad
- Jamie Oliver fish pie
- Beef and mushroom stroganoff
- Tomato, olive, onion and feta tart with salad
- Sardinian pasta shells with Italian sausage and tomato ragu
- Asparagus, red onion and spinach quiche with salad
- Chicken arrabbiata with pancetta and red wine sauce with mashed potatoes
- Lamb casserole with mushrooms and rice
- Grilled prawns and sweet pepper skewers with salsa and potato wedges
- Chilli Con Carne and rice
- Crumbed chicken with tomato salad and bread
- Salmon with creamy leek and mushroom sauce, potato wedges and sweet corn
- Enchiladas with salad
- Spanish Paella
- Chicken Satay and rice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Pork Chops with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese and vegetables
- Thai chicken curry with rice
- Mushroom ravioli with tomato sauce
- Crumbed chicken with salad
- Lamb Steaks with sweet chilli tomato salsa, potato wedges and veggies
- Homemade burgers with salad
- Sausages with mashed potatoes and ratatouille
- Chicken Pie with vegetables
Raw Vegan Brownie Bites
- Food Processor optional
- Mixing bowl
- pestle and mortar optional
- 1 cup Chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup Canned Black Beans, rinsed (250g)
- 4 tbsp good quality peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Soak the chopped dates in a bowl of boiling water for 10-20 minutes to soften, then drain the water off.
- Then you can either place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until they form a smooth dough
- If you don't have a food processor, you can mash the dates and beans in a pestle and mortar or just use the flat end of a rolling pin into the base of a bowl
- Place dough in fridge for 10 minutes to firm, then roll into teaspoon size balls
- Place back in the fridge for a further hour to chill before serving.
- The dough will be slightly soft and squishy like uncooked brownie mix.
- Keep brownie bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
If you enjoyed these raw brownie bites, why not try my other healthy snack ideas:
Orange and Apricot Chocolate Truffles
Why not sign up for my free newsletter HERE to receive all my recipes, blog posts and freebies straight to your inbox.
I also have a motivational free private Facebook Group that you can join at Midlife Challenge
1 thought on “Raw Vegan Brownie Bites”
Pingback: Ginger and Honey Oat Balls - New Leaf Health and Wellbeing