This week’s recipe – Date and Pecan Oat Bites
I don’t know about you, but one of the biggest problems I have with trying to eat healthier is avoiding the multitude of yummy, unhealthy snacks that are everywhere!
I’ve found one of the easiest ways to overcome these temptations is by whipping up a batch of energy balls or oaty bites to store in the fridge, ready for those impromptu sweet cravings.
This is my latest recipe, which consist of a soft, slightly chewy, date paste blended together with peanut butter. This soft element is contrasted by the crunch of the chopped pecans. I think it makes a great combination and really helps to satisfy any ‘I want a treat’ cravings.
The peanut butter provides protein, with the dates and pecans upping the fibre content. The oats are a great slow release carbohydrate, which helps to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal.
If you’d like another snack idea you could try my Chocolate Mocha and Coconut Bliss Balls
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know in the comments below what you think.
P.S. Here are two other ways I can help you get healthier
1. Sign up for my newsletter and get my awesome meal planning pack absolutely free Just click here.
2. Join my Facebook Group for weekly healthy habit challenges, recipes and tips Join here
Date and Pecan Oat Bites
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup Chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts if preferred
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsps peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 4 tbsps runny honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Blitz the chopped dates in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients, together with the date paste, in a mixing bowl.
- Using a dessert spoon of mixture at a time, roll into bite sized balls.
- Store in the fridge ready for your next snack craving.