I’m back again with another breakfast dish – Pear, almond and raspberry overnight oats.
Yes, I know I’m always sharing overnight oats but in my view they just make a superb breakfast choice. Plus this one is perfect for helping to manage blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
You can make a batch up on Sunday, and then you have a yummy, healthy breakfast ready to grab every morning. If you divide the mixture up into small, portable pots you can take them with you to eat on your commute or when you get to work.
Overnight oats also make a great snack – I might occasionally sneak a spoonful when I’m nosing in the fridge!
This recipe combines the summery tastes of raspberries, with the autumnal juiciness of pears. BTW, my dog loves stealing pears off the tree!
The big dollop of Greek yogurt provides protein to help you feel full for the morning, plus combined with the milk, it helps to boost your calcuim intake. If you are vegan though, you can replace these with your favourite plant based versions.
In addition to the convenience of overnight oats, they provide a bucket load of healthy benefits:
1. Oats are great for controlling blood sugar, cholesterol and for keeping your belly feeling full.
2. Pears are a great source of fibre, especially if you leave the skin on. This fibre is great for your gut health, blood pressure and cholesterol. They are also low in calories and help to keep your blood sugars under control.
3. Raspberries are a good source of potassium which is essential for heart function and helps to lower blood pressure. They also contain Omega-3 fatty acids which can help prevent stroke and heart disease.
4. Almonds are a great source of magnesium. Magnesium is essential for energy production and for healthy bones and muscles.
5. Cinnamon – Can help to lower blood pressure, manage blood sugar and the risk of Type 2 diabetes, helps to support gut health and is anti-viral/anti-bacterial to support your immune system.
So give these blood pressure lowering overnight oats a go and let me know what you think in the comments below.
I hope you soon love breakfast as much as I do! xx
Pear, Almond and Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Mixing bowl
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbs Natural Greek Yogurt (or plant based yogurt)
- 1 pear, cored and grated (skin left on)
- 1 Cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup
- 1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup whole almonds chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours before serving.
If you enjoyed these overnight oats, why not try my other versions:
Festive Chocolate, Raspberry, Brazil Nut Overnight Oats
Plum and Ginger Overnight Oats
Carrot and Pecan Overnight Oats
Why not sign up for my free newsletter HERE to receive all my recipes, blog posts and freebies straight to your inbox.
I also have a motivational free private Facebook Group that you can join at Midlife Challenge
2 thoughts on “Pear, Almond and Raspberry Overnight Oats”
Pingback: Food Diary March 2022 - New Leaf Health and Wellbeing
Pingback: Moving Forward with Vision- March 2022 #WOTY update - New Leaf Health and Wellbeing