I’m now back from summer family holidays and desperately trying to get back into a normal routine. However, with four boys off school, it’s still difficult to find time to write and post to this blog – hopefully you will forgive me as I am sure you are probably facing the same problems.
Just a quick word about food waste this week. I know we are all guilty of it, especially when you have kids who never seem to finish anything you give them to eat unless it’s full of sugar!. I was reading an article in Woman and Home Magazine (July issue) which revealed that the average UK family throws away £58.30 worth of food per month. That’s a lot of money to be wasting. One of the best ways to tackle food waste is by having a meal plan – it’s one of the reasons I do it.
So, this week’s meal plan is:-
- Cajun Salmon fillets, potato wedges and salad
- Crumbed chicken fillets, potato salad, and green salad
- Paprika pork, sweet potato wedges and orange and peach salad
- Turkey pastitsio (pasta bake)
- Salmon fillets in a creamy leek and dill sauce, mashed potato and green veggies
- Sweet and sour chicken and rice
Wishing you all a super week – let’s hope the sun comes out!