This week, I have another recipe for you. I have been playing around with some new tech on my website. I now have a super new recipe layout which hopefully you should be able to print off to use whenever you like.
I’d love to know what you think of it. Do you like the layout of the recipe, is it easy to read, and is it helpful to be able to print the recipe off? Let me know in the comments below, or comment on my Facebook Page or Instagram Page.
Spiced date and walnut vegan loaf cake
- 1 cup pitted chopped dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180C/365F/Gas mark 4 1/2. Grease and line a 6.5cm x 9cm x 19 cm loaf pan.
- Place the dates in a heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Add the maple syrup and allow to stand for 15 minutes
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Add the mixed spice and stir to combine.
- Add the oats, walnuts and sugar, Stir well to combine.
- Add the date mixture to the dry ingredients, again stirring well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Stand for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, the loaf cake should be kept in an airtight container.
- Serve sliced.
Wishing you a super week.