Firstly I would like to express my sincere love and sympathy to all those who were affected by the terrible bombing in Manchester this week. It’s so hard to comprehend how anyone can think and carry out such atrocious acts on innocent children.
Whilst such acts make me want to bundle my family up and run away to a deserted island, I know this is not the answer. As the wonderful people of Manchester have shown us all, we have to stand united in love and community. There are many quotes posted around on the internet but I think the most powerful one to share with our children is that where ever something terrible happens, there are always hundreds of acts of human kindness to reassure and inspire us.
I hope this week you are able to enjoy some quality time with your family, enjoying the love and community of eating and sharing meals together.
Here’s my meal planner for this week:-
- Balsamic vinegar chicken with potato and tomato salad, and green salad
- Homemade lamb burgers and salad
- Lemon and mustard pork steaks, crushed new potatoes and tropical salad
- Salmon, avocado and asparagus salad
- Chicken and mushroom pie with mash and greens (for when the weather changes!).
This evening we are actually off to a local beach to enjoy fish and chips in the sunshine. Naughty but nice!
Have a beautiful week everybody and keep love in your hearts.
Please like and share on the social media buttons below.