This week I want to remind you that the little things you do each day can have a huge impact over time on what you achieve and who you become.
We all know that playing a musical instrument for 10 minutes a day, can improve your playing. In the same way, if you change just ONE eating habit everyday, say ditching a glass of fizzy drink, that’s a reduction of approximately 140 calories per day.
Now that doesn’t seem like much but over a week that’s 980 calories – one meals worth. If you add that up over a year then you will save a whopping 50,960 calories! Or, you could continue your habit and that’s the additional, un-nutritional calories you’ve added to your body.
You don’t need to adopt a radical diet to be able to make changes to your health. Little steps here and there can have a huge impact.
Likewise, if you plan your meals for the week, you are much more likely to stick to a healthy eating plan.
Here’s my ideas for this week:-
- Salmon in a herb and tomato sauce with new potatoes and vegetables
- Cajun pork steaks, sweet potato mash and chilli jam
- Chicken biryani and rice
- Steak with BBQ vegetables and wedges (if the weather warms up!)
- Caramelised onion and camembert quiche and salad
- Home made chicken and mushroom pie, potato and baked beans
Have a super bank holiday!
If you feel inspired by my menu’s please like and share on social media with your friends.