Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake Recipe
I have been hoping to share this cheesecake recipe with you for some time. However, we were super busy with all the end of summer term school activities, and then promptly went off on our summer holiday to Italy. I’ve tried it out on the family a couple of times now and it always seems to disappear very quickly, so I hope your families enjoy it too.
I’ve made an alternative cheesecake base using almond meal and coconut to provide a biscuit like flavour but without all the added sugar you usually find from using processed biscuits. Let me know in the comments what you think. I’m hoping this alternative base also helps those of you who may be gluten intolerant. Let me know if this fits with your dietary recommendations.
Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake
- Food mixer
- springform cake tin
- 1 cup ground almond (almond meal)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g butter (melted)
- 200g /1 cup Philadelphia cream cheese
- 150 ml cream
- 70g 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 lime - grated rind and juice
For the base
- Grease a springform cake tin (20cm diameter).
- Mix all the ingredients together. Then using fingers, press the mixture across the base of the tin to provide an even covering.
- Pop the tin in the freezer to chill, whilst preparing the filling.
For the Filling
- Beat the cheese and cream together in a food mixer, until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the sugar, grated lime rind and lime juice and beat again until smooth.
- Place the filling over the base mixture, smoothing the top.
- Leave to set overnight in the fridge or all day.
- Before serving decorate with melted chocolate and lime slices.
If you enjoyed this recipe, then sign up for my monthly newsletter here to receive updates on new recipes and articles to help inspire your health and well being goals.