I don’t know about you, but I’m desperately craving some sunshine and warmth. As I don’t think I will be getting these anytime soon, I thought I would cheer myself up with some Californian Almonds instead.
These little power houses provide:-
- Thiamine which helps support heart function
- Linoleic acid to help maintain healthy blood cholesterol levels.
- Unsaturated ‘good’ fats which also help blood cholesterol levels
- Riboflavin and zinc which help maintain healthy skin – get the glow!
- Magnesium, thiamine, niacin and folate which all help maintain the nervous system and brain function, and
- Iron which reduces tiredness and fatigue
About 23 almonds = 160 calories. As almonds do contain fats, they are quite calorie dense so don’t have too many if you are watching your weight.
I really enjoy a handful of almonds with a cup of green tea when I hit the mid afternoon slump at 3pm. Give them a try and let me know what you think of them.